Couples start counseling together because of many reasons. Often times couples come to counseling because they aren’t even sure what is wrong in their marriage. They describe their relationship as cordial, may not be having the passion they once had, family life has worn them a little, and their finances may be a bit strained but for the most part they seem to get along fine.
No what? Ask yourself or your partner these questions for starts.
- How often do you share your feelings with friends or relatives?
- How often do you do kind things for others?
- How often do you do (at least 20 minutes) of physical exercise?
- I find a deep sense of fulfillment in my life by using my strengths and skills towards a purpose greater than myself.
- I engage in activities (sports, writing, etc) that I find challenging and absorbing.
- I have feelings of gratitude towards people and events from my past.
- I am able to focus on the present moment and do not get distracted by thoughts of the past or future.
- I am optimistic about the future I participate in a spiritual community or group.
- I feel that my life is meaningful (i.e. has an important quality or purpose).
Depending on the answers these questions may indicate a depressive mood. Not that this cannot be treated, it can with the most qualified professional. You are worth the effort it takes to get back to a place of JOY In your life and your marriage.
Please Contact us for a FREE consultation to discuss if your marriage can be saved.
Read about what Dana and Don say about relationships in their book, Conscious Coupling.