- Divorcing was not so easy
- The couple tried harder
- There was more communication
- There was less criticism against each other
- Couples were not so selfish
The only issues with these statements is that:
- Divorce is never easy and it usually takes years before someone comes to the point of making this decision. Divorce is a loss and there is a grieving process similar to the death of someone close.
- If only one person is trying harder
- If only one person tried to communicate better
- If only one person stopped criticizing
- If only one person stopped being selfish
Marriage and relationships take 2 people to make it work. If one person in the marriage is doing all the work, then it is not a partnership anymore. Even if there are children, you don’t want your children seeing the example you are setting. You don’t want your children marrying the same bad way and making the same mistakes you have. So if someone tells you in the future, they don’t believe in divorce, tell them until they walk in the shoes of another person, do not judge them.
Please Contact us for a FREE consultation to help you with your divorce or to help you make the decision to stay or go.